- This event has passed.
Inaugural Veteran Friendly Ontario Challenge
February 1 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Challenge Factory, the True Patriot Love Foundation, the City of Ottawa’s Veterans Task Force, the Kanata North Business Association, and the Province of Ontario have teamed up to bring you the Veteran Friendly Ontario (VFO) Challenge – a joint Veteran-business experiential training program designed to accelerate and enrich recruitment, onboarding, and hiring of Veterans.
This free program will develop Veterans’ civilian career-ready skills and provide content and tools to help Veterans gain situational awareness of small to medium sized (up to 500 employees) business needs and challenges. In parallel, it will facilitate further opportunities for business owners, leaders, human resources, and hiring managers to experience first-hand the value of Veteran talent, skills, and problem-solving, while increasing business competence in talent attraction, retention, and career management. This is all done with the goal of increasing income resiliency for both groups and, possibly, creating employment opportunities.
By taking part in this program, businesses leaders will:
• Gain new hiring and retention strategies and tools.
• Learn about Veterans as an untapped hidden talent pool.
• Gain a new perspective on their role as a leader.
• Earn a micro-credential and become recognized as a certified Veteran Ready workplace. Similarly, Veterans will:
• Deepen their understanding of the civilian workplace and learn how businesses operate.
• Participate in a business challenge, designed to demonstrate unique military skills and experience.
• Engage with a research-backed psychometric assessment that supports the identity shift that transitioning members often face.
• Understand the day in the life of a business leader and understand their rewards and challenges.
Attendees must register using this link.