Business Retention & Expansion
Our Business retention and expansion work is a Kanata North based economic development program with a focus on supporting our existing businesses. This is a systematic approach to develop strategies to support businesses, retain and create new jobs and opportunities. The goal is to ensure companies stay, grow and prosper in Kanata North.
- Build and improve relations with existing businesses
- Build capacity within the community and strengthen relationships between organizations
- Identify the positive and challenging attributes of the community as a place to do business
- Identify and address immediate concerns and issues of individual businesses
- Collect business and market data to support economic development planning
- Increase the competitiveness of existing businesses
- Enable business development, investment and job creation
- Foster and enhance the environment for business development
In 2018, we updated the Kanata North Technology Ecosystem Report. This report is the results of a rigorous Economic Impact Analysis Study and a comparison to the 2015 report undertaken for the Kanata North business area. This work laid the foundation for understanding who and what is happening in Canada’s largest Technology Park.