The Kanata North Business Association consists of a Board that boasts a wide range of business leaders from the area. With representation from the various sectors that make up our membership as well a range of large and small businesses, our Board is well-positioned to help lead Kanata North as a business innovation destination.
As a Board Member, you will be required to attend a monthly in-person meeting that occurs in the morning as well as special Board meetings that may occur once or twice per year. Board members are expected to actively support KNBA events by participating in at least 3 events annually plus the Annual General Meeting. More specifically, your duties alongside your fellow board members will include:
- Reviews and updates the KNBA Mission statement at least every three years
- Ensures that the KNBA has a strategic plan and that the KNBA work plan is achievable and supports the strategic plan
- Identifies major strategic and operational risks and develops plans to minimize and mitigate these risks. Formally tackles this task annually.
- Provides input and approves annual budget including setting of taxpayer levy
- Reviews adherence to budget at least three times annually, and proposes/approves updates as required
- Provides input and approves initiatives as presented by the Executive Director
- Provides input and approves KNBA governing policies
- Establishes ad hoc and standing committees as required. Ensures relatively equal distribution of participation and rotation among board members
To qualify for this volunteer role, you will need at least five years industry experience, and work in a company based in Kanata North. Individuals with vision, ideas, commitment, and with management skills and backgrounds in the areas of Finance or Business Development will excel in this Board role.
Please send your application to Jamie Petten – President & Executive Director by Friday, December 11th, 2020. Please include the following in your application: Cover Letter (one page) outlining your interest, your Resume, and the names of two references.
Comments are closed.