Events in Kanata North
Stay informed with the latest business networking events around Ottawa! If you know of a local or industry event taking place in Ottawa that you'd like to see featured on our website, please let us know.
- This event has passed.
The 18th Annual RE$EARCH Money Conference
April 17 @ 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 7:30am, repeating until April 17, 2019
New bets and old favourites:
Creating a recipe for success in the innovation economy
April 16-17, 2019 | National Arts Centre, Ottawa
Does Canada have the right policy ingredients to build a prosperous future based on innovation in the knowledge economy? The 18th Annual RE$EARCH MONEY conference New bets and old favorites: Creating a recipe for success in the innovation economy will shed a spotlight on how Canada can maintain its research and talent strength while adding new policies and programs to accelerate firm growth and increase the number of large Canadian-owned multinationals. You can find more details along with thnationale preliminary program here.
Topics will include:
- Updates from Canada’s five superclusters
- Creative options for financing scale in Canadian companies
- A look at recent government strategies to address regulatory flexibility, IP challenges, our digital future and the great Talent Crisis
- Insights from successful entrepreneurs on scaling in Canada
- Examples of inter-departmental collaboration in the federal government
- The place of policy in enforcing equity, diversity and inclusion practices
- The evolution of interdisciplinary research in Canada
Confirmed speakers include:
- All five of the CEOs for Canada’s superclusters
- Anil Arora (Chief Statistician of Canada)
- Rhonda Barnet (President & Chief Operating Officer, AVIT Manufacturing)
- Chelsea Gabel (Assistant Professor, Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Well-Being, Community Engagement, and Innovation, McMaster University)
- Tina Green (ADM, Health Canada)
- Ted Hewitt (President, SSHRC)
- Neal Hill (VP, Market Development, BDC Capital)
- Audrey Mascarenhas (President and CEO, Questor)
- Andrée-Lise Méthot (Founder and Managing Partner, Cycle Capital)
- Mona Nemer (Canada’s Chief Science Advisor)
- AJ Tibando (Executive Director, Palette Inc.)
Don’t miss Canada’s premier innovation policy conference. Learn more and register here, or email Rebecca Melville (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Use our partner code AP2019 for a $50 discount.