Events in Kanata North
Stay informed with the latest business networking events around Ottawa! If you know of a local or industry event taking place in Ottawa that you'd like to see featured on our website, please let us know.
- This event has passed.
STARTUP OPEN HOUSE IS BACK!
November 13, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
For Visitors to Kanata North – including talent, students and curious neighbours:
Ever wonder what it’s like inside a startup?
Startup Open House is your free ticket to your local startup community and it’s coming to Ottawa on November 13th! Shopify, Fullscript and Flex are some of the big names who already joined the Startup Open House movement, and they want to meet YOU.
THE CONCEPT: For one evening and for free, startups around town will simultaneously open their doors to greet and meet you.
– Walk directly into their workplace and see where the magic actually happen.
– Shake hands with the CEOs and founders and discuss hiring opportunities
– Get a genuine feel of the startup values and vibe, in a fun and casual setting.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
– Register as a visitor on Startup Open House website here.
– Browse through the list of participating startups (new ones are registering every day, so stay tuned).
– On November 13th, from 4pm to 8pm, show up!
This is your chance to actually #ExperienceTheHustle from the inside.
Pushing those doors can be hard, Startup Open House slam them open for you.
For businesses in Kanata North – Meet talent and visitors who want to learn about your business:
It’s time to Open Your Doors!
On November 13th, Startup Open House is landing in Ottawa shining light on your accomplishments and connecting you with your local community of job seekers, students, potential partners, and curious neighbors! Shopify, Fullscript and Flex already joined the Startup Open House movement, are you next?
THE CONCEPT: For one evening and for free, open your office doors to the public, greet them as you see fit, and let the magic happen!
CENTRAL LOCATION: To make it easier for visitors and buses bringing students from the universities, we will be providing space for companies to have a display table on the main lobby of 555 Legget Drive. Having a central location provides the opportunity for visitors to meet with more companies from our area. You are welcome to open your doors and host visitors in your office, please be sure to register so visitors know your location and can add it to their schedule.
WHY YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE:
– Showcase what you’re made off from inside your workplace
– Connect with smart and passionate people in a very genuine way
– Share the passion and the grit it takes to be an entrepreneur
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
– Find out How it Works here.
– Register on Startup Open House website here.
– Complete your profile to create your page and be featured on the map here.
– Plan an opening reflecting who you are and what you’re looking for.
– On November 13th, from 4pm to 8pm, join the Kanata community and open your doors!