Events in Kanata North
Stay informed with the latest business networking events around Ottawa! If you know of a local or industry event taking place in Ottawa that you'd like to see featured on our website, please let us know.
- This event has passed.
Digital Literacy through Internet of Things and Design Thinking
February 12 @ 9:00 am - February 13 @ 4:00 pm$1695.00
Elevate your Digital Literacy through an understanding of the Internet of Things and the interactive application of Design Thinking.
Digital Literacy – Knowing, Understanding, and Using digital – is critical to growth, governance, and relevance in today’s age of exponential technological advancements. And, the Internet of Things (IoT) presents one of the largest and fundamental digital literacy challenges.
This workshop presents what you must know about the Internet of Things and shows you how to apply Design Thinking to innovate IoT solutions and policy.
• IoT framework – what, why, why now
• IoT architecture including devices, networks, and analytics
• IoT application verticals
• IoT technologies and disciplines, among them 5G, AI, cybersecurity, and others
• IoT as an innovation driver
• IoT benefits and challenges, including personal, business and societal
• IoT and digital governance
• Impact of IoT on government – in operation and public policy
• Design Thinking /User-centered mindset and rationale
• Design Thinking methodology
• Design Thinking practice
The two days will be interactive with guided practical activities so that you’ll leave with hands-on experience in applying IoT with a Design Thinking lens.
Date: Wed. and Thurs. Feb 12-13, 2020
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Locations: 56 Sparks St, Suite 300, Ottawa, ON K1P 5A9
Registration: Register here.