Events in Kanata North
Stay informed with the latest business networking events around Ottawa! If you know of a local or industry event taking place in Ottawa that you'd like to see featured on our website, please let us know.
- This event has passed.
Canada Summer Jobs 2020 is Now Open
The application period for the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program is now open.
We want to help employers like you hire youth and create valuable summer job opportunities that strengthen our local economy and our community. The CSJ program helps employers create quality summer job opportunities and provide valuable work experience for youth aged 15 to 30. It also helps organizations like yours hire youth during the busy summer months.
Funding is available for not-for-profit organizations and public and private sector employers with 50 or fewer employees.
If you are a non-profit organization you can receive up to 100 percent of the provincial/territorial minimum hourly wage, as well as employment-related costs. Public-sector employers and small businesses can receive up to 50 percent of the provincial/territorial minimum hourly wage.
CSJ focuses on local priorities, we encourage employers to come forward with applications that support and complement a number of national priorities. Each year, the national priorities for CSJ are updated to reflect Canada’s diverse population and evolving needs. This year’s national CSJ priorities support:
- Organizations that provide services to or intend to hire youth who self-identify as being part of underrepresented groups or as having additional barriers to entering or staying in the labour market.
- Opportunities offered by organizations that provide services to persons with disabilities or intend to hire youth with disabilities.
- Opportunities for youth in rural areas, remote communities, or official language minority communities.
- Opportunities offered by organizations that focus on protecting and conserving the environment.
- Opportunities for youth to work in small businesses, in recognition of their contribution to the creation of jobs.
As many of you have hired youth in the past and know how beneficial it was to your organization, as community leaders, you also know how important a summer job is to help develop the skills and experience needed to start a career and join the workforce. By participating in CSJ you are helping the young people of your area gain those skills and the confidence needed for a bright future.
As an employer, you are encouraged to take advantage of this program and apply for funding by February 24, 2020. Everything can be submitted online through the Government Grants and Contributions Online Service. You can complete the application at your leisure and track its status once it has been submitted.
For more information on CSJ, including the eligibility criteria and application guide:
Visit Canada.ca/Canada-summer-jobs, a Service Canada Office or call 1-800-935-5555.